About my blog

Welcome GRINGOS DA CII!!! Wait, what? What is this girl who doesn't even know how to choose a name for her blog is talking about? Lol
First I want to explain what "GRINGOS DA CII" means because I'm referring to you who are reading my blog.
In Brazil, the word GRINGO (male) or GRINGA (female) means simply foreigner and has no connection to any physical characteristics or specific countries. 
Now, knowing that you're Gringos, should I call you my gringos? Yaaayyy!!! Cii's gringos? It sounds cute, doesn't it? It's exactly what I called you in the first paragraph but it was in Portuguese.
Now that you know what that means I still need to explain what "CII EU TE CONTAR..." means in English. 
Oh God, this is gonna be hard hahaha. Someone help me!!!! lol
Okay, let's do it ... 
When I was thinking about the name, I had this idea to put my nickname on it. Why? I don't know, I just like the idea to have my name on a blog lol It sounds original. After that, I texted some friends  asking them help to find a cool name. I explained what I'd like to write about and one of my supeeer friends Liv came up with this awesome one. She said: Cii, if the purpose of your blog is to tell people your experiences behind the photos, why don't you use the name "If I tell you ..." ? 
I just loved the idea! If you translate this phrase into my language, the translation will be "Se eu te contar", and, as I said, I'd like to use my name on it, so she changed the word "Se" to my nickname "CII" (it sounds the same). 
This is the origin of this blog's name. My boy said he doesn't like it and it's terrible but ... If even Jesus couldn't satisfy everyone, who am I? Haha I wish he could speak Portuguese to get it the first time I told him. Now he understands, still doesn't like it, but understands. lol
Well, I guess I explained everything I needed, so now you can follow my blog and laugh a little bit with my stories. 
I'll try to write one post in Portuguese and one in English, so all my friends can read and know about my funny and crazy experiences in the US. Plus...I use thousands and thousands of slang words when I speak my language, which makes my work harder when I try to translate my funny way of speaking. It's so haard to express ourselves in another language, but I'll do my best, guys, don't worry! It's gonna take forever to finish one post, but I won't give up (I hope not). I'm Brazilian, I will never give up! Lol
I hope you guys enjoy!!!

Xoxo
Cii ♥️

Comments

Popular Posts